Bitcoin Association has published its 2021 – 2022 annual report video, detailing the phenomenal growth made by the organisation in the last year and its goals for the future.
The video report, introduced by Bitcoin Association’s Managing Director Patrick Prinz, is broken into individual sections and covers the multi-faceted global programme of work undertaken by the Association over the last 12 months.
Chapter 3 of the report focuses on the network progress made by the team and the wider BSV ecosystem over the last year. A number of significant milestones were achieved over this period, including:
- 31 July 2021 – Average block size on BSV is 4,587 MB (megabytes);
- 6 August – World record 1 GB (gigabyte) block mined on BSV blockchain;
- 16 August – World record 2 GB block mined on BSV blockchain;
- 15 December – Daily transactions on Bitcoin SV surpass BTC, Ethereum and XRP;
- 6 February 2022 – World record 3.8-gigabyte block mined on BSV blockchain;
- 4 April 2022 – Record-breaking 10 million transactions per day on Bitcoin SV;
- 21 April 2022 – Bitcoin SV node software v1.0.11 released;
Moving forward Bitcoin Association will continue to support the growth and development of the Bitcoin SV network, with a number of major announcements already planned for the second half of 2022. This forms part of the Association’s goals of building relationships and partnerships, moving towards the mass adoption of the Bitcoin SV Blockchain.
You can watch the full annual report video here.