Financial Reporting & Compliance AccountantExpired
Our vision and mission is to build the bridge that provides people in every part of the world access to a fairer and more equitable financial system. Since 2014 Banxa has developed the best-in-class payments services platform for the digital assets industry.
Your New Gig
As the Compliance & Reporting Manager at BANXA you will be responsible for enforcing regulations and provide guidance on compliance matters. Specifically, you will be responsible for preparation of financial statements for annual, half-year and quarterly reporting and manage statutory taxation requirements for the group. You will work closely with the Group CFO, Financial Controller and advisors to meet tax compliance requirements and prepare statutory accounts in an accurate and timely basis. This is a new and exciting opportunity to expand and broaden your finance knowledge and experience into the new, fast pace and exciting world of Crypto! Jump on board the BANXA spaceship for your opportunity to grow and expand your financial career!
What You’ll Do
- You will manage tax planning, structuring and administration for the group
- Provide guidance on a wide range of tax issues including GST/VAT, FBT, Payroll Tax, etc.
- You will be responsible for the management of the statutory taxation obligations for group entities in Australia, Europe and North America and track completion against local statutory reporting obligations.
- You will manage the expansion and implementation of the Transfer Pricing policy with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining good relations and liaising with various Tax Advisors to drive outcomes
- You will have proven experience in proficiently writing detailed advice on complex matters
- You will prepare statutory reporting for all entities within the Group structure including Annual, Half Year and Quarterly reporting in an accurate and timely manner
- You will assist in the research of accounting standards for use in supporting the group’s accounting positions.
- You will continuously drive process improvements and streamline reports and systems.
- Assist with various internal projects and adhoc tasks as requested from time to time
You should apply if
- You have 7+ years’ experience in a similar role required (with a focus on taxation, technical accounting, and listed company reporting)
- Have successfully completed your CA or CPA Qualification with a relevant finance or accounting degree
- You will be proficient in IFRS (technical accounting) and tax compliance and able to communicate such matters in a practical and commercial manner to financial and non-financial stakeholders
- You will be able to exercise sound judgment and problem solve when working with incomplete data in an agile environment
- Ability to provide technical guidance and delivery of commercial solutions
- Hands-on execution/goal oriented to offer a balance between risk & commercial outcome
- You will posess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, specifically MS Office and financial reporting software
- Commitment to delivery
What will put you on top of our shortlist
- Knowledge of crypto assets and blockchain technology, Fintech, RegTech, Payments will be advantageous
To be eligible for this role you must hold full Australian working rights, unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Banxa. Fun fact: we currently have over 20 different nationalities in the team, this makes for great potluck lunch days!
- Competitive salary
- Expand your knowledge on Crypto
- Brand fancy new offices in the middle of Cremorne
- Beer on tap for those essential team bevs
- Fully stocked kitchen & coffee machine
- Ping Pong & Foosball Table
- Weekly team Personal Training sessions
- Monthly morning tea
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Crypto is a generational event and with Banxa you will be at the heart of this evolution
- Working in a disruptive and hyper growth organisation & industry where the possibilities are endless
- Flexible working, location & hours, two days in the office!
- Autonomy, ability to make a change & progress your career
If this sounds like something that will make you want to get out of bed on a rainy day, click apply.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board