Our vision and mission is to build the bridge that provides people in every part of the world access to a fairer and more equitable financial system. Since 2014 Banxa has developed the best-in-class payments services platform for the digital assets industry.
BANXA is a hyper-growth global Payment Services Provider that enables the purchase of digital assets and currencies such as Bitcoin or USDT using traditional currencies, such as Australian Dollars, Euros and Pounds (just to name a few)! Every 15 seconds someone purchases cryptocurrency with us!
BANXA is powering global crypto giants, such as Binance, Kucoin, OKEX and Huobi, some of which have invested in us to back our mission.
Our on-and off ramp product manages the entire value chain to provide a seamless, secure experience whilst being internationally compliant. Our mission is to connect the ‘old world’ to the ‘new world’, by onboarding the masses to digital currency!
We have recently been named as “One of the 50 fastest growing companies of the Year” by The Silicon Review. Earlier this year we listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSXV) and on the Boerse Frankfurt, our market capitalisation quickly grew to $100M.
We’re a global team spanning across 10 countries, with 3 offices, in Australia, Lithuania & Philippines. The majority of the team sits in Melbourne at our headquarters in Cremorne however our connected and collaborative culture empowers our people to excel. As an up and coming tech- unicorn in our space, we are early adopters, progressive in our approach and adaptable to the ever changing landscape.
Your New Gig
By now you’ll have done your research, read our catchy bio and will have seen first hand how BANXA has become one of the fastest growing players in the industry (well, at least we hope you have!). At the end 2021 we launched BANXA Labs, our innovation hub, which will be home to the next big product in the crypto space. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to lead the overarching technical design, build and launch of new product development and MVPs. This role will give you the best of both worlds, you’ll work with cutting edge technology, lead the technical and development aspects of Banxa Labs squads, as well as playing a mentoring role to other developers on the team. You’ll be working closely with the UX Lead and Blockchain Developers to create working digital services.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of blockchain developers in the architecture, implementation and delivery of products, from a design sprints pipeline in a highly rapid and iterative environment.
- Working closely with product owners and the development team to work on and take ownership of projects that are pushing the boundaries of what is available in the crypto space
- Program functioning services that interact between blockchains and non-blockchain technology services
- Collaborate with software engineering team and project managers to design, implement, test and deploy Ethereum (and other blockchain) smart contracts
- Use the essential tooling and systems needed to work with the Ethereum ecosystem. Understand the bounds and limitations of the Ethereum blockchain, work with Ethereum fees
- Suggest new ideas, participate in brainstorm sessions, work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals
- Partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize technology features and enablers
- Mentor more junior developers in how to build, document and deliver in a rapid environment
- Run training sessions with other members of the technology team on how to develop on the blockchain
You should apply if
- You have expert knowledge of computer-science principles
- Strong understanding of modern web development components
- Understanding of cryptography/blockchain
- A can-do attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Comfortable with pair programming.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Have delivered new products before preferably with a focus on iterative / MVP delivery
- Understand the crypto ecosystem
- 5+ years of professional coding experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What will put you on top of our shortlist
- You have developed on the blockchain before
- Fintech, Payments or Crypto experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset, this could be demonstrated by having done a side gig, working with a startup or engaging in the startup community.
To be eligible for this role you must hold full Australian working rights, unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time! You must also reside in Australia.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Banxa. Fun fact: we currently have over 20 different nationalities in the team, this makes for great potluck lunch days!
- Competitive salary
- Expand your knowledge on Crypto
- Brand fancy new offices in the middle of Cremorne
- Beer on tap for those essential team bevs
- Fully stocked kitchen & coffee machine
- Ping Pong & Foosball Table
- Weekly team Personal Training sessions
- Monthly morning tea
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Crypto is a generational event and with Banxa you will be at the heart of this evolution
- Working in a disruptive and hyper growth organisation & industry where the possibilities are endless
- Flexible working, location & hours, two days in the office!
- Autonomy, ability to make a change & progress your career
If this sounds like something that will make you want to get out of bed on a rainy day, click apply.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board