Senior Financial AccountantExpired
Our vision and mission is to build the bridge that provides people in every part of the world access to a fairer and more equitable financial system. Since 2014 Banxa has developed the best-in-class payments services platform for the digital assets industry.
Your New Gig
As the newest member of the BANXA family you will report directly into the Finance Manager and will also work closely with the Financial Controller. You will be responsible for a broad range of accounting and finance duties including leading the month end process, supporting all transactional activities and processes supporting BANXA, and leading process improvements. You will ensure all financial information is provided accurately and in a timely fashion, enabling BANXA to continue to press ahead with our growth ambitions.
You will drive the growth of the Finance Operations team processes at BANXA and provide supporting information to the Commercial Finance Team. You will have a proven technical accountant background, enjoy problem solving, have proven team leadership skills and know how to operate in a high growth environment.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for completing month end closing process and assist with the preparation of monthly financial reporting
- You will prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary for all group companies
- You will ensure all intercompany transactions and accounts are reconciled
- You will maintain the Fixed Assets Register and Accruals, including review and reconciliation of general ledger.
- You will prepare monthly GST / VAT lodgments for group companies
- You will be responsible for liaising with auditors and responding to any audit findings as required
- You will provide support for budgeting and forecasting process
- Ad-hoc business performance analysis and reporting
You should apply if
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business, Commerce or related discipline
- You have successfully completed your CA or CPA professional qualification
- You have 4+ years of relevant commercial experience
- Ideally you commenced your training in a reputable public practice firm before moving into industry
- You are proficient in IFRS (technical accounting) combined with commercial awareness
- You have experience with indirect taxes required. Knowledge of company tax is an advantage
- You have strong communication skills, able to present complex information in a concise/meaningful manner to drive an outcome
- You have proven experience with multi-currency, multi-entity global business preferred
- You have a demonstrated history of being results focused with excellent attention to detail
- You have previous demonstrated history of managing auditors / audit queries at year end
- You have strong experience with large ERP systems (e.g. Netsuite) is an advantage
- You are advanced in Microsoft Excel
- You have previous experience in team management, coaching more junior staff members and driving their ongoing development
- You have a proactive attitude, inquisitive nature, always asking “How can we do this better.”
- You possess a hands-on can-do mindset, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
What will put you on top of our shortlist
- Experience in a small to medium sized, fast-paced, high growth organisation is an advantage
- You will have knowledge of crypto assets and blockchain technology, Fintech, RegTech, Payments will be advantageous
To be eligible for this role you must hold full Australian working rights, unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Banxa. Fun fact: we currently have over 20 different nationalities in the team, this makes for great potluck lunch days!
- Competitive salary
- Expand your knowledge on Crypto
- Brand fancy new offices in the middle of Cremorne
- Beer on tap for those essential team bevs
- Fully stocked kitchen & coffee machine
- Ping Pong & Foosball Table
- Weekly team Personal Training sessions
- Monthly morning tea
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Crypto is a generational event and with Banxa you will be at the heart of this evolution
- Working in a disruptive and hyper growth organisation & industry where the possibilities are endless
- Flexible working, location & hours, two days in the office!
- Autonomy, ability to make a change & progress your career
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board