Our vision and mission is to build the bridge that provides people in every part of the world access to a fairer and more equitable financial system. Since 2014 Banxa has developed the best-in-class payments services platform for the digital assets industry.
Your New Gig
As one of the first hires in BANXA’S newly created Corporate Strategy team, you will be presented with an opportunity to play a crucial part in building out the team. You will also be a partner to the senior leadership at BANXA focusing on high-impact strategic projects.
The strategy team provides thought leadership to the organisation and plays a key role in our strategic planning through identifying, assessing and prioritising opportunities in new customer segments and geographies that will drive long-term growth for BANXA. You will be a highly logical thinker, and a curious learner, with broad experience in the crypto ecosystem.
You will work directly alongside the Head of Strategy, this role provides essential input for decision making on BANXA’S strategic direction, including commercial evaluation and development of new business cases, products, and markets. You will have an excellent opportunity to directly shape the future of, and grow with, a major globally established company in the fastest-growing and most exciting industry.
What You’ll Do
- You will be the first to identify new strategic opportunities through the definition of clear hypotheses, build business cases and quantitative models that will inform and influence BANXA’S ecosystems strategy
- You will determine, and design appropriate analytical frameworks, while sourcing relevant data points to conduct the analysis
- You will be a curious thinker with the ability to develop a deep understanding of our direct and indirect competitor positioning as well as the emerging crypto landscape to inform your recommendations
- You will always be on the front foot in structuring complex and ambiguous strategic problems for the BANXA’S leadership team
- You will assist in market and strategic analysis, working with strategy team, leadership and product management team (e.g. market sizing, buy/build/partner assessment, competitive strategy/game theory)
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership, based on strategic insights, analysis, experience, technical acumen and good judgement
- You will add support to ad-hoc cross-functional strategic initiatives with the broader strategy & corporate development team
You should apply if
- You have 5-8 years experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, hedge fund or a startup/technology company
- You have a very strong interest and deep knowledge in the digital asset industry and its communities, especially in web3, NFT’s, DeFi
- You have a strong understanding of payments & the fintech industry
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have a good understanding of strategic management models
- You are a highly motivated self-starter with a strong understanding of business strategies and drivers
- You have superb written and oral communication and experience developing executive-ready, high-quality deliverables
- You are a critical thinker with a highly analytical mindset
- You have proven demonstrated experience and knowledge of deep strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- You have previous experience in analytics and quantitative modelling
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
What will put you on top of our shortlist
- Experience with SQL is preferred but not a requirement
- Consumer market experience and retail experience is an advantage
- Previous experience working in a strategy team within Crypto, DeFi, NFT, Metaverse, Blockchain
- Previous experience working in a fast paced startup environment
To be eligible for this role you must hold full Australian working rights, unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at Banxa. Fun fact: we currently have over 20 different nationalities in the team, this makes for great potluck lunch days!
- Competitive salary
- Expand your knowledge on Crypto
- Brand fancy new offices in the middle of Cremorne
- Bring your dog to work
- Beer on tap for those essential team bevs
- Fully stocked kitchen & coffee machine
- Ping Pong & Foosball Table
- Weekly team Personal Training sessions
- Monthly morning tea
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Crypto is a generational event and with Banxa you will be at the heart of this evolution
- Working in a disruptive and hyper growth organisation & industry where the possibilities are endless
- Flexible working, location & hours, two days in the office!
- Autonomy, ability to make a change & progress your career
If this sounds like something that will make you want to get out of bed on a rainy day, click apply or slide in our emails
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board