Global leaders of the past and present have ransomed our future in the pursuit of profits. We have been manipulated, influenced and controlled by a global pyramid of power that infiltrates just about every aspect of our lives; our education, our entertainment, our societal beliefs and our finances.
But we are the new generation.
We are conscious and choose to fight with ‘light, harnessing the tools of humanity; the incredible technologies available to us to steer the evolution of humankind and create a new world.
A world where everyone has a role.
Bitstocks is committed to leading this wave of change; by connecting with, educating and empowering younger generations to reimagine, redefine and reengineer their lives, and the world.
We’re a progressive, start-up-turned-scale-up building the future of finance, backed by the power and scale of Bitcoin technology, and we’re looking to bring in a Deputy MLRO to join our growing Compliance team.
Bitstocks combines the power and scale of blockchain technology with everyday financial services to create the very future of finance, so our Compliance team is the essential safety net around our products. We actively strive to stay ahead of the curve with our Compliance practices, and we’re looking for a proactive and sharp individual to join us.
As Deputy MLRO, you will be responsible for identifying and analysing risk in the first instance before proposing controls to mitigate the risk in line with the company’s growth vision. You will help shape the company’s growth trajectory in terms of products and geographical expansion, preventing reputational damage and fines.
You’ll need to have 5 – 7 years of experience working in a Financial Crime Management role. This role will require top-notch attention to detail and organisation skills, built around a natural tendency to analyse and question everything! There is near-constant communication across different channels and departments within this role, so a high level of both written and verbal communication is crucial.
In addition, you’ll be inherently:
This is an extensive role, and your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the MLRO with the maintenance of Bitstocks’ risk management policies and risk profile concerning financial crime, including the application of those policies
- Supervision of Bitstocks’ controls to ensure that money laundering risks are taken into account in our day-to-day operation, including the development of new products, onboarding of new customers, and changes in our business profile
- Building and taking accountability for the AML/CTF risk management program and the undertaking of regular AML/CTF risk assessments
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure new products are designed to operate within regulatory boundaries both locally and on a global basis
- Assisting the MLRO in company expansion through obtaining regulatory licencing including Banking licence, E-Money licence, Consumer Credit licence, etc.
- Proactively identify situations that may pose significant Compliance risk and assist MLRO in the development/reviewing/updating of relevant policies, procedures and business practices
- Utilise technology to innovate and aid Compliance framework enforcement/risk mitigation
- Driving Compliance review and analysis of new regulatory developments and maintaining oversight of developments impacting business activities
- Compliance advisory to other team projects and define requirements as needed for initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Produce an annual Financial Crime/Compliance Report for the firm’s board of directors
- Escalate any key or high-risk Compliance issues within our existing governance structure
- Ensure that knowledge of market intelligence (e.g. Serious Organised Crime Agency, Financial Action Task Force) is kept up to date, as well as horizon scanning
- Develop and draft Compliance policies and procedures, outlining firm policies, regulations and best practices
- Respond to client complaints, coordinating responses with the senior management team
- Ensure the firm keeps up to date management information and that any adverse trends or recurring problems identified are relayed to the relevant individuals within the firm
- Assisting the MLRO in building a competent Compliance team
- Assisting the MLRO in building a new transaction monitoring system as well as a revised CRRM for client onboarding
- Partner with Legal and work to implement program changes to comply with the changing regulatory environment and advise change management processes and control requirements
- Ensure all staff receive refresher training in anti-money laundering prevention with the frequency defined in the firm’s relevant procedures
- Ensure that the firm maintains accurate, detailed and up to date Compliance records across all areas of the firm’s business
- Ensure any delegated activity to a third party is continually reviewed
- Ensure that adequate Professional Indemnity cover is in place at all times
- Ensure that the firm has adequate data security policies and procedures in place and that these are implemented properly
- Manage actual and potential conflicts of interests
- Ensuring the company’s legal documents are in order from a Compliance standpoint
What we offer:
At Bitstocks, we believe that we get the best from our employees by investing in them. Working for us, you will benefit from:
- 2 work from home days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 32 days holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Christmas week closure
- Private healthcare with Vitality (after successful completion of probation)
- Perkbox membership
- Quarterly Company Social events
- Pension plan with Nest
- Ongoing training and support for career development
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board