Senior UX/UI Designer
Global leaders of the past and present have ransomed our future in the pursuit of profits. We have been manipulated, influenced and controlled by a global pyramid of power that infiltrates just about every aspect of our lives; our education, our entertainment, our societal beliefs and our finances.
But we are the new generation.
We are conscious and choose to fight with ‘light, harnessing the tools of humanity; the incredible technologies available to us to steer the evolution of humankind and create a new world.
A world where everyone has a role.
Bitstocks is committed to leading this wave of change; by connecting with, educating and empowering younger generations to reimagine, redefine and reengineer their lives, and the world.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be one of those people who’s passionate about delivering the ultimate user experience, not afraid to push the envelope and stretch beyond your comfort zone.
You’ll need to have the usual practical prerequisites and work experience as outlined below:
- 5 years overall UX/UI experience with fully developed products or projects to show
- 2 years in a senior/leadership UX/UI role
- Preferably working within the financial sector or gaming industry
- Experience carrying out usability testing
- Showcasing and conducting meetings with stakeholders
Your soft skills are also important to us. We value team players who’re willing to take ownership and accountability for their work, display empathy in the creative process, apply critical thinking to ideation, and possess the patience and perseverance to see a project or product feature through from conceptualisation to delivery (without losing their sh*t when stuff goes wrong!)
Naturally, as we’re a Bitcoin-focused business, it would be great for you to have at least a basic understanding of the technology, but it’s not a necessity!
In this role, we expect you to apply psychological design principles to guide user flow and journeys in the Gravity app. You’ll take the lead on larger tasks, visualising product designs from ideation to execution.
Typical duties you’ll perform include:
- Collaborate with Head of Design to lead the application based on evaluation of user requirements
- Create solutions to any existing UX/UI issues
- Work alongside Head of Design and the Design (Product) team to bring new ideas to the table, and prioritise potential features
- Take part in usability studies and testing
- Create prototypes using Sketch and Protopie
- Participate in Design sprints, including the wider Design team
- Work closely with the Development team during implementations and lead the testing process
- Communicate ideas and concepts to the wider Design team and internal stakeholders
What we offer…
At Bitstocks, we believe that we get the best from our employees by investing in them.
As well as all the above salary & benefits, working for us, you will receive:
- 2 days a week working from home (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Christmas week closure
- Perkbox membership
- Quarterly company social events
- Bi-weekly company guided meditations
- Monthly Yoga classes
- Ongoing training and support for career development