Lead Software Engineer – Backend TeamExpired
Bittrex Global is one of the most secure trading platforms in the world. Built on Bittrex’s cutting-edge technology, Bittrex Global provides an institutional grade experience for professional and novice customers alike. The Company is headquartered near the financial center of Zurich, in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
About the job
This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Lead Software Engineer to head our Backend Team. We are looking for a talented individual who is interested in leading a team of engineers that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
The experienced backend developer will follow Agile methodology and be the team lead to 4 engineers. The ideal candidate has experience working on large production codebases and possesses a determination for getting it right the first time. We have fun while we work, and always appreciate people who can maintain a sense of humor under any situation.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers.
The Lead Software Engineer – Backend Team Will
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of individual contributors
- Code primarily in C#
- Work on large production codebases where every change can have a huge impact
- Collaborate with the development team, while supporting the frontend and mobile teams, to build high performance backend services that power Bittrex and our partner exchanges.
- Ship quality code that is used by millions of customers
- 7 to 10 years of software engineering experience, preferably on the backend
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of demonstrated success leading, managing, and growing engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience developing in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C#, Java, C++)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and RESTful API design
- Experience with development on Windows and Linux (or Unix-style) OSes
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and design and application of software design patterns
- Experience building data-driven software components with enterprise relational database systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- An understanding of Agile methodology
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Hiring Manager Technical Interview (via Coderpad, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom and Coderpad, 2-4 hours)
- Prior to each step, we will provide tips on who you’ll be meeting with, what to expect, and how to prepare.
Benefits At Bittrex
- Fully remote roles
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board