Lead Software Engineer – Frontend / Web TeamExpired
Bittrex Global is one of the most secure trading platforms in the world. Built on Bittrex’s cutting-edge technology, Bittrex Global provides an institutional grade experience for professional and novice customers alike. The Company is headquartered near the financial center of Zurich, in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
About the job
*This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Contractors will not be considered and working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is not permitted for this role.*
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Lead Software Engineer to join our Web Team on the Frontend. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers.
As the lead front-end engineer on the web team, you will mentor and lead a team of engineers and have a direct and immediate impact on Bittrex customers. In this role you can expect to help with technical decisions, coach the engineers who report to you, partner with stakeholders cross-functionally, plan and scope future projects, and guide new feature development. You will tackle all kinds of problems having to do with usability, security, performance, reliability, and scalability to build an exceptional experience. We are constantly looking to leverage new technologies and you will be at the forefront of it all.
What You Will Be Doing
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring other engineers to help bolster overall team competency
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Being transparent with your team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Engineer engaging and usable UIs to effortlessly explore large amounts of data
- Help set technical standards and best practices for the web team.
- Develop rich user experiences across desktop and mobile browsers based on wireframes from UX designers
- Design and implement RESTful API endpoints and related data layer to drive new user experiences
- Build and ship reusable, testable code that will help drive engineering maturity and efficiency as the team grows
- Develop efficient, reliable solutions that can scale to millions of users
- Collaborate well across disciplines (design, PM, business, etc.) and with partner engineering teams via Slack and Zoom
Technology you will be using (*We are a Microsoft shop):
- .NET Framework
- TypeScript and/or MobX
- Microsoft Azure Stack
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of frontend or fullstack engineering experience building high-quality, high-scale production code
- 1+ years of experience leading and mentoring a small team of frontend or fullstack engineers
- Solid experience with server-side C# and the .Net Framework
- Extensive experience in responsive web design and development
- Solid debugging and testing skills
- Self-motivation with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- Borderline paranoia about protecting customer data and assets
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Passion to drive code quality and standards
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Stack
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and/or SQL Azure
- Experience with npm, git, and issue tracking systems (Jira, VSTS, etc.)
- Prior engineering experience in cryptocurrency, fintech, or financial services
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Coderpad, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom 4 hours, can be divided into two days)
- Prior to each step, we will provide tips on who you’ll be meeting with, what to expect, and how to prepare.
Benefits At Bittrex
- Fully remote roles
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board