Principal Backend Software Engineer – Platform TeamExpired
Bittrex Global is one of the most secure trading platforms in the world. Built on Bittrex’s cutting-edge technology, Bittrex Global provides an institutional grade experience for professional and novice customers alike. The Company is headquartered near the financial center of Zurich, in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
About the job
*This is a fully remote, direct hire position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.*
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Principal Backend Software Engineer (SDE IV) to join our Platform Team. We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
In particular we are looking for a highly experienced back-end software engineer with cloud expertise who is comfortable working on large production codebases, enjoys building fault-tolerant systems, and is eager to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools. The principal-level engineer we hire can expect to spend 30% of their time coding, 35% on architecture, and 35% on leadership.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Code primarily in C# and Java
- Drive larger feature areas and influence larger changes across the organization
- Work on large production codebases where every change can have a huge impact
- Build fault-tolerant services that recover from errors
- Collaborate with the development team to build high performance backend services that power Bittrex and our partner exchanges
- Lead and mentor more junior-level engineers as needed
- Ship quality code that is used by millions
- 7+ years of backend development experience
- Current expertise in C#, Java, or similar
- Prior experience leading and mentoring others
- Cloud system expertise
- Ability to build fault-tolerant services that recover from errors
- Solid understanding of DB design concepts, familiar with SQL or other enterprise database systems
- Experience implementing business critical database applications, micro-services and/or long-running backend data processing applications
- A track record of delivering high-quality results
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Zoom and Coderpad, 50 min)
- 1st Round Mini Interview Loop (via Zoom, 2 hours)
- 2nd Round Mini Interview Loop (via Zoom, 2-3 hours)
- Prior to each step, we will provide tips on who you’ll be meeting with, what to expect, and how to prepare.
Benefits At Bittrex:
- Flex office space (fully remote, if desired)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- This is a fully remote, direct hire position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.**
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board