SDET II – Platform EngineeringExpired
Bittrex Global is one of the most secure trading platforms in the world. Built on Bittrex’s cutting-edge technology, Bittrex Global provides an institutional grade experience for professional and novice customers alike. The Company is headquartered near the financial center of Zurich, in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
About the job
- This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring a fully remote Mid-level Backend Software Development Engineer in Test. We are passionate about uptime, code correctness, and quality and we are hiring additional engineers that share our values to help build the next generation of solutions and trading tools. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
We are specifically looking for a mid-level backend SDET with prior experience working on large production codebases who possesses a relentless drive for quality to support our Platform Engineering Team. The SDET II will be responsible for ensuring that our product ships with high quality and confidence. This is an opportunity to do testing the right way and work with software engineers who value a high degree of collaboration and integration.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. This is a fully remote role.
The Mid-level Backend SDET is responsible for managing and executing the testing of the platform services/API of our advanced financial services application.
- You will need to learn and understand our product at a high level of detail and collaborate with internal teams to execute your primary responsibilities, including
- Contribute to the team’s operational excellence, building tools, and frameworks to streamline/automate platform services/API of the Fiat integration process
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain platform/API automation framework and test scripts
- Integrate the automated tests into build pipelines and ensure smooth execution
- Monitor the health of test build pipelines. Analyze any test failures and collaborate with Software Engineers for root cause analysis
- Prepare documentation to report status and summarize test results
- Collaborate with the development team, while supporting the front-end and mobile teams, to build high performance services that power Bittrex and our partner exchanges
- Create manual test cases, as needed, to cover the current and future releases
- Review and analyze results of test cases and scenarios
- Communicate with internal teams on specific application issues
- Prioritize QA issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Work with product or project managers to establish timelines for timely completion of QA elements
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and other test engineers to produce high quality products
- Drive enhancements to improve process and technical implementations
- Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
- Find creative solutions to ambiguous problems
- 3 to 5 years of SDET experience working on large production codebases in multi-application production environments
- 3+ years of experience focused on development and implementation of platform services/API automation work in one or more object-oriented programing languages (C# highly preferred)
- Solid understating of OOPS concepts and service-oriented architecture.
- Strong experience in API testing using tools like POSTMAN, SOAP UI etc. is required.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases is required.
- Strong understanding of any cloud service providers (Azure is preferred).
- Experience with YAML pipelines in Azure Devops, GitHub, etc.
- Experience in multiple test methodologies, for example, regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, security testing, integration testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- BS degree in computer science -or- equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of shell scripts is a plus.
- Knowledge of BDD technologies like SpecFlow, Cucumber is a plus.
- Recruiter Phone Screen (15-30 min)
- Technical Interview (50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom and Coderpad, 3-4 hours, can be divided into two days)
- Prior to each step, we will provide tips on who you’ll be meeting with, what to expect, and how to prepare.
Benefits At Bittrex
- Fully remote roles
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board