Senior Mobile Software Engineer, React Native Mobile Development
Bittrex Global is one of the most secure trading platforms in the world. Built on Bittrex’s cutting-edge technology, Bittrex Global provides an institutional grade experience for professional and novice customers alike. The Company is headquartered near the financial center of Zurich, in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
About the job
- This is a fully remote, direct hire (W-2) position. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently NOT permitted for this role.
Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring and remote-friendly! We are looking for talented individuals that will help us push the boundaries of blockchain technology and drive innovation within the industry.
Our Mobile Engineering Team seeks a Senior Mobile Software Engineer who has React Native Mobile Development and web server React/C# experience and is used to working on large production codebases and possess a relentless drive for getting it right the first time. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers.
- Develop new features for and maintain the Bittrex Mobile App – MTrade using React Native.
- Develop a deep understanding of our mobile projects and their software components to facilitate development alignment and interaction with the Bittrex infrastructure.
- Build software components and services against APIs to enable mobile features such as secure, high-performance transfer of user orders, funds and other data to/from the Bittrex platform.
- Drive enhancements to our mobile framework to improve UI performance, maintainability, and configurability across app releases.
- Contribute to the team’s operational excellence, building tools, and frameworks to streamline/automate aspects of the mobile development and deployment processes.
- Build new Mobile product offerings and features in alignment with Bittrex business initiatives.
- Nurture an awareness/understanding of mobile app development with the rest of the organization to surface opportunities for technical and business innovation.
- Design, extend and utilize abstractions and interfaces to streamline integrations for separate blockchain protocols
- Demonstrate a dedication to testing, using our existing test frameworks on new projects and extending where appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 years in React Native mobile software development experience
- Experience with web server React development
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, Swift, C#, C++)
- Experience integrating mobile apps with service-oriented architectures and RESTful APIs
- Proficient in object-oriented analysis and implementation of software design patterns
- Experience with mobile architecture and end-to-end solution design
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git
- Experience working with Agile development tools like Jira, DevOps
- Experience as a mentor or technical lead on a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following skills:
- CI/CD pipeline development experience
- Experience with mobile apps in banking, medical or other high security context.
- Understanding of cryptography and security fundamentals
- Understanding of blockchain technologies, peer networking, smart contracts, etc.
- Experience building services on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Recruiter Phone Screen (30 min)
- Technical Interview (via Zoom, 50 min)
- Interview Loop (via Zoom, 3-4 hours, can be split over two days)
- Prior to each step, we will send tips on what to expect and how to prepare.
Benefits At Bittrex
- Flex office space
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.