Production Support EngineerExpired
We believe there’s a better way – where possibilities are limitless, not limited. We see a new future for financial services.
Our mission is to evolve the very fabric of the global financial system, for the billions of people locked out and locked in. We’re weaving a better future of finance, so everyone can thrive.
Product support engineers handle technical requests filed by end users of a company’s product or system and includes both internal stakeholders and external customers. Their primary responsibility is troubleshooting and resolving errors, and throughout their work they must constantly log details for later reports and to provide customers with updates. When not fixing issues, they assist other engineers by contributing to product development and improving processes. Following a full-time schedule, product support engineers are part of Fabriik’s Infrastructure team in the Technology department.
- Analyzing the available data and find the root cause of the problem with the product
- Developing a solution themselves or pass the problem on to other engineering team members, all the while providing users with progress updates.
- Participating in all stages of the product development process, including designing, building, and testing
- Creating useful tools such as internal software to automate key processes or platforms where customers can send inquiries and reviews
- Product observability such as metrics, logging and application performance monitoring
- Interacting with product users, external customers and employees through phone calls, emails, and live messaging chats to address concerns promptly and maintain a helpful attitude
- Preparing extensive documentation when logging product issues, as they must note all details, including their observations, diagnoses, and action steps
- Weekly reports summarizing production performance, release notes for upgrades, and troubleshooting guides
- Suggesting overall product improvements, such as features that customers want
- Proactively evaluating engineering processes and provide recommendations to increase efficiency
Production support engineers are analytical individuals who use critical thinking and technical expertise to relentlessly improve products. Good communication skills come in handy, as do the abilities to multitask and work well under pressure. In addition to an education in software engineering, we look for production support engineers with the following skills:
- Problem-solving skills – successful production support engineers excel at resolving problems encountered by users, whether these require only quick fixes or major collaborative efforts across various departments
- Technical expertise – regardless of their industry, all production support engineers have a deep understanding of the product they handle as well as the processes behind it
- Customer service – production support engineers must communicate well with customers, paying attention to their concerns and providing clear, regular updates for ongoing requests
- Attention to detail – it’s crucial for production support engineers to be mindful of details since their tasks include creating extensive documentation, tracking errors, and making changes to products
- Multitasking – production support engineers handle technical issues from multiple customers at the same time, along with other responsibilities such as writing reports and participating in manufacturing or development
Production support engineers often use the following tools in their day-to-day duties:
- Jira, ServiceNow (or any ticketing system)
- Python, Node JS, Java, Scala, Bash, git
- Database technology including PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Kubernetes, Prometheus, Docker, Linux, TCP/IP networking
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
If this sounds like a role that could be an exciting next step in your career, our team looks forward to hearing from you!
At Fabriik, we value diversity of all types. Our team is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences.
Fabriik is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. Accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board