Business Lawyer (M&A – Private companies)
About the job
Permanent position – Montreal office
Fasken is a leading international law firm, with more than 800 lawyers and 1,600 professionals in ten (10) offices on four (4) continents. Clients turn to us for a full range of practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We find solutions to the most complex business problems, deliver exceptional value and put the customer at the heart of everything we do. Fasken offers competitive, interesting and rewarding career opportunities.
We are looking for a lawyer with an exemplary background to join a dynamic team in our business law sector where stimulating challenges await! More specifically, you will be part of an experienced team specializing in corporate and commercial law, and you will perform tasks such as:
- You will be involved in a variety of mandates, particularly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions of private companies, joint ventures, partnerships, corporate restructurings and private equity investment.
- You will work for companies operating in different sectors of activity, in particular private companies, as well as for various private and institutional investors;
- You will be involved in several stages of the process, including due diligence and the drafting and review of commercial agreements. You will also orchestrate the closing of transactions in various sectors.
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in civil law and be a member in good standing of the Barreau du Québec;
- Have between five (5) and seven (7) years of experience in the field of business law, private sector;
- Fluent in French and English, both orally and in writing. With its ten (10) offices around the world, Fasken serves an international clientele. A good knowledge of both languages is required, furthermore by the nature and delivery of professional services, due to the need to communicate with colleagues from other provinces or countries and to serve clients in both languages.
Personal and professional skills
- Excellent analytical, rigor and communication skills;
- Demonstrate excellent team spirit, dynamism and autonomy;
- Good ability to work independently in a collegial environment;
- Have a spirit of collaboration and a desire to perfect their legal and technical skills on a daily basis;
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness;
- Know how to manage your time effectively and be able to set priorities;
- Good team management, delegation and mentoring skills;
- Have a business sense and a customer approach.
Why join the Fasken team?
- To work with passionate and dynamic colleagues;
- For a hybrid and flexible work environment integrating both telework and presence in the office according to the needs of the team;
- For a friendly work atmosphere where the values of respect, openness, innovation, diversity, equity and inclusion are put forward;
- For a culture and leaders who promote training and career development;
- For competitive compensation, a health and wellness program and an insurance plan that adapts to your needs;
- For renovated, bright and welcoming offices and a gym available to all.
Are you interested in the challenge?
Join our team whose excellence is recognized internationally. Be an actor of your success and send us your application in complete confidentiality now!
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NB: The use of the masculine has been used to lighten the text.
Desired Skills and Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bar Association
- Baccalauréat or better in Droit civil or related field.