Our Global Energy Group takes a look at the challenges and opportunities associated with meeting net-zero targets, through a series of thought-provoking bulletins, reports, webinars and podcasts.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and experienced Trust Coordinator to join the Finance & Accounting Department for a minimum 1 year maternity leave contract. Opportunity for a longer length contract will depend on the timing of the hire and overlap of the contract to the current incumbent. This position will be responsible for providing superior accounting support to the Calgary office. The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable, positive and interested in their work.
Hours of work are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet business needs. Hybrid remote work arrangements are available with requirements as per business needs for onsite office support. The successful candidate must live in or around Calgary, AB and be able to commute to the office as often as required. While this is a hybrid role, the majority of the work may be onsite.
To Us, Success Means
- A strong client service approach – ready, willing, and able
- Strong research, investigative and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve related issues
- Being extremely accurate with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Being highly organized in prioritizing work to be able to consistently meet deadlines within a fast paced work environment
- Being a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment
- Being aware of ethical walls and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Process trust transaction as needed – trust deposits, investments and disbursements;
- Receive cheques and deposit into trust account;
- Post deposits to client’s matter;
- Process Trust cheque requisitions from Lawyers;
- Move funds in and out of investment accounts;
- Post interest to investment accounts;
- Get cheques certified/bank drafts;
- Follow up Inactive Funds in Trust;
- Prepare Daily and Monthly Trust Reconciliations;
- Assist with Law Society Annual Reports;
- Assist CDIC annual report;
- Coordinate Law Society of Alberta membership dues for existing, departing and new hires;
- Coordinate Alberta Insurance for existing, departing and new hires;
- Represent Calgary office in any local or national project that involves Trust;
- Follow up stale dated cheques;
- Follow up with Departing Lawyer on matters with Active Trust funds;
- Support Front office in relation to Trust matters.
- Post General electronic payments in a daily basis
- Deposit and post general cheque payments.
- Other projects as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Required Knowledge And Experience
- College diploma in Business preferably specializing in Accounting, or an accounting certificate;
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience;
- Working knowledge with computer software including MS Word and Excel;
- Working knowledge of a computerized accounting system (3E is an asset);
- Superior customer services skills when dealing with internal and external clients; ability to remain professional, confident, use common sense and be tactful;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and complete multiple tasks, and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Working knowledge with Law Society of Alberta rules and policies;
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail;
- Team player.
- This role reports to the Financial Controller.
What We Offer
Join our friendly, collaborative and rewarding work environment where your professional development is supported, and your contributions are encouraged and valued. In a full-time contract role, with a minimum of one year in length, we offer the following:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible medical and dental benefits, including telemedicine services
- Hybrid work flexibility
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Personal days
- Wellness subsidy
- Monthly transportation subsidy for office commuting
- Opportunities to give back to your community through Firm initiatives
Diversity and Inclusion
At Fasken we believe a diverse workplace comprises individuals with unique backgrounds, characteristics and qualities. An inclusive workplace creates an equitable environment where individuals are respected and where they are welcome. Fasken is committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check, employment and educational verification.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, a team player and will have excellent organizational & communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and superior client service environment. We provide a collegial work environment, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence through our candidate applicant portal on www.fasken.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board