We work differently because today’s world works differently. Our global team works across timezones and cultures to help businesses connect with their customers.
Lightning Sharks is a digital media/marketing agency, working with global clients in the FinTech, Blockchain and Hospitality sectors. We offer full media services including, content creation, SEO, social media management, public relations, lifecycle and marketing automation, web/mobile development, video production, creative design and business strategy. We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalize on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic.
As Conference Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the Conference Business unit for our blockchain conference. This includes identifying topics for a conference through in-depth market research (desk, phone and face to face) to write and produce a commercially viable conference programme that will offer immense value, networking and knowledge transfer opportunities for paying delegates, sponsors and speakers.
This is a truly fascinating and multifaceted position, as you will be responsible for the conference from inception to delivery. This includes working with all internal teams (event production, sales, marketing and operations) to ensure the success of the event.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Market Research & Analysis – In-depth phone based research of key subject areas and hot topics within the blockchain and fintech industry sector. Identifying the target audience and finding out what they want / need to know.
- Speaker Acquisition – Identifying high-level, influential industry experts and to speak at the conference. Speakers can play a huge part in attracting delegates to the conference
- Copy Writing – Writing promotional copy in the form of a conference programme, in the language of your target audience. Insuring that all sales-driven materials such as web, direct mail and email copy will maximise delegate attendance
- Project Management – Working with all internal teams, sales (delegate and sponsorship), marketing and operations to ensure the success of the conference and that it is delivered on time and in budget
- Onsite Attendance – Attending conferences to ensure excellent delivery and smooth running on the day. Often this will include opening your conference. This is an opportunity to represent the company and to network with key players and speakers within the sector. To build relationships and shake hands with the people that helped shape your agenda.
- Marketing Strategy – work with existing marketing team to build and execute an omnichannel marketing plan focusing on getting in person and virtual attendance as well as a robust content marketing plan to get more eyeballs on content captured at the conventions.
- Sponsorship & Business Development – be accountable for overseeing a team to meet sponsorship business objectives and revenue targets. This includes sales plans and client management. Build relationships with other mutually beneficial conferences and industry associations to collaborate and be part of our conferences.
What you need:
- A strong academic background (2.1 and above in a research heavy degree).
- You need to have a thirst for learning and research
- You need to be able to pick up the phone or to go to a face to face meeting and extract the crucial information that your conference agenda needs.
- You need to be innovative; always looking at areas where the conference offering/product can be improved and increasing engagement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Highly motivated with a ‘hands on’ mentality; willing to get involved in a variety of tasks and work closely with other conference organisers.
- Strong commercial acumen – able to identify conference topics that will attract paying delegates and sponsors.
- Highly creative with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven Experience running the business of conferences
- Experience building comprehensive content marketing plans
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board