Media & PR ManagerExpired
We work differently because today’s world works differently. Our global team works across timezones and cultures to help businesses connect with their customers.
The Media & PR manager is the essential link between the agency, the media and client, working primarily in media relations and the PR team but also interfacing with some of the agency’s other disciplines such as CoinGeek, client services, digital media, marketing, events, content creation. Finding the best and most relevant angles and pitch them to media, delivering the results to the client in a timely and appropriately presented fashion.
What does the role involve?
Developing and implementing media relations strategy:
- Using own market knowledge and research, along with client-provided data to inform the client’s media relations strategy, working with the client team lead to set the strategy and priorities.
Building and applying deep expertise about clients and the subjects you care about:
- Staying on top of the global digital currency & blockchain news agenda, reading widely about the issues clients (and the sector) are facing and using this context to inform advice to clients.
- Having a firm understanding of the clients’ sectors, the competitive set and staying on top of their activity, ensuring the client gets the advantage wherever possible
Advising a small number of clients and providing valuable recommendations and insights.
- Confidently providing counsel to clients across a range of issues as they arise.
- Tailoring the style and content of advice to meet the needs and expectations of individual clients.
Managing teams to deliver exceptional work, drawing on the full expertise of the agency
- Identifying opportunities to bring in experts from across the agency and the wider eco system to ensure the client benefits from the full range of our insight.
What we’re looking for
- A strong interest in and understanding of this sector or similar sector and a journalistic mindset
- Existing strong media contacts within the digital currency, technology and blockchain space
- A strategic approach to reputation, informed by a strong understanding of the audiences and channels that make up the communications landscape.
- Experience developing media strategies and interacting with journalists, specifically in this sector.
- Experience of planning and delivering work against agreed goals, timetable, and budget.
- Experience working with or for organisations which have a significant UK and/or Global presence. This role works across several time zones
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a communications or public relations role.
- Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and MS Teams. Knowledge of JIRA project management would be beneficial
- Supporting the PR Directors in their roles and deputizing for them if required
The role is likely to be based in the UK and would require some time in the office in central London, however remote and flexible working will be considered.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board