We work differently because today’s world works differently. Our global team works across timezones and cultures to help businesses connect with their customers.
Who we are
Working with clients in fintech, blockchain and hospitality, Lightning Sharks offer our clients a full range of media services including content creation, SEO, social media management, PR, lifecycle and marketing automation, web/mobile development, video production, creative design, and business strategy.
We build and execute strategies to enable clients and our own internal teams to capitalise on opportunities, break through barriers to growth, and lead our respective fields. We celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and create magic.
Our production and creative teams are based in London and Manila, composed of reporters, producers, writers, videographers, animators, and editors who pump out great content in the form of articles, short/long form documentaries and factual series, interviews, event coverage and social media videos.
What makes you stand out
The Senior Videographer/Editor is a combined production role for a creative mind who can film and edit videos for multi-platform contents. You must have advanced camera and filming skills, “producer thinker” in nature, and able to work independently in finding the best visual angles of stories and subjects. There is also an opportunity to be assigned to different events to cover and produce content on.
The world of blockchain and other emerging technologies will genuinely interest you and you’ll be eager to deep dive into these areas. Don’t worry if this is a new area for you though; you’ll soon discover there are many interesting characters in the space, working towards using tech to make the world a better place!
We will count on you to
- Operate video cameras, on location or in the studio, in the production of professional pre-recorded or live video contents
- Transport, sets up, and operates production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions
- Film footage based on approved production plan and shot list, working closely with reporter and/or producer to get the best footage and possible story angles
- Store and backs up video files shot during/after filming
- Complete trouble and preventive maintenance reports on video and audio production equipment; assists in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
- Maintain equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
- Edit video contents on a variety of digital formats as assigned
- May be asked to subtitle or put dubbing into the video when necessary
Who we think would be a good fit
Your passion, innovation, integrity, curiosity and professionalism will set you apart and you will value accountability, respect, teamwork and excellence to ensure our clients stand out and get noticed.
- Proven track record and experience in production as a videographer or editor – whether in news or a more commercial environment
- Impressive portfolio of diverse filming experiences
- Vast experience in camera handling, framing, setting up interviews and other camera skills
- Demonstrable ability to edit video and other social video contents
- Attention to detail across all stages of production
- Up to date with the latest filming and editing trends
- Team player with good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently with colleagues on-site and virtually, and to adapt to fast-changing priorities