Lead Data ScientistExpired
We are the catalysts enabling crypto companies — trailblazers and disruptors which are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely.
What will you do?
- Analyze and enrich our SQL and Graph data-warehouses using our existing data models and by developing new ones.
- Work closely with our product engineers to build, test and maintain data models to analyze cryptocurrency transaction flows and smart contract functionality on blockchains.
- Establish partnerships with 3rd party data vendors, research bodies, anti-cybercrime groups and analyze data collected from third party vendors / partnerships to enrich our existing datasets with external data
- Develop algorithms and heuristics for de-anonymization of actors on the cryptocurrency blockchains using SQL, Python and Network analytics
- Use machine learning techniques to identify high risk behaviour on cryptocurrency transactions
What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role and our engineering culture are
- Prior work experience with established analytical and BI tools like such SQL, Pandas, Tableau, etc
- Experience working with high-paced startup where limited guidance and rapid execution are required.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills. Ability to work flexibly and to exercise good judgement in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and blockchains are a plus (either professional or as a hobby)
What process do we follow? (<2 weeks)
- Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through our job portal. All we ask for is a Resume. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome
- Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision within a week.
- Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would build frontend systems to solve a problem we will introduce on call.
- Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet two other colleagues on the team who you would be working with. Here, you could discuss questions on stack, culture and some other things you might be interested in if you had a consideration for a new role.
- Offer Rollout: If all looks well, we will open a bottle of champagne.
Other information you may want to consider
- We will be flexible for the rest of the pandemic and work remotely; however, we are not a remote-first company, and the work location would be Bangalore when things settle.
- Our analytics tech stack includes Redash, BigQuery, Holistics, TigerGraph.
Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, numerous Learning & development initiatives where Merkle Science invests in employee development, and working hours that we have not heard a single complaint against. We respect your weekends too. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental well-being as well.
On the compensation front, We admire the talent and believe in rewarding people for their inputs. Compensation is best in class, along with generous equity, and the whole process will be transparent from the very minute we speak to you.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board