Lead Frontend Engineer (SDE III)
We are the catalysts enabling crypto companies — trailblazers and disruptors which are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely.
What will you do?
As a Lead Frontend Engineer, you will
- Own our frontend engineering applications for two products each of which run as independent applications which query our backend systems via REST APIs
- Act as a leader and coach within the Frontend engineering team, collaborating with and mentoring senior engineers.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with a small, nimble team of product managers, engineers, and UX designers to understand business requirements and user experience goals and pain points.
- Write and review modular, reusable components and features (React.js / Vue.js) and integrate backend APIs to create a seamless frontend user experience
- Integrate third party plugins to enhance customer experience. These include 3rd party plugins which provide customer support and analytics plugins which help improve user experience we provide to customers.
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Work with our quality assurance team to improve coverage on our automated testing suites
What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role and our engineering culture are
- Prior experience of a few years (3+ years) with frontend frameworks as React.js or Vue.js would be essential to working on our application stack.
- You actively promote a culture of engineering excellence some of which could be writing efficient code, use of elegant design patterns and styling your code through code-linting policies.
- You enjoy designing software architecture by collaborating with leads to explore existing systems, determining areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation.
- You have an eye for pixel perfect UI and micro-interactions.
- You enjoy coaching folks to achieve outcomes through nudges.
Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, numerous Learning & development initiatives where Merkle Science invests in employee development, and working hours that we have not heard a single complaint against. We respect your weekends too. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental well-being as well.
On the compensation front, We admire the talent and believe in rewarding people for their inputs. Compensation is best in class, along with generous equity, and the whole process will be transparent from the very minute we speak to you.