Senior Backend Engineer (SDE II)Expired
We are the catalysts enabling crypto companies — trailblazers and disruptors which are pushing the boundaries of innovation — to scale and mature so that a full range of individuals, entities, and services may transact with crypto safely.
We are looking for a Backend Developer who has a good understanding of all stages of software development. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, whilst ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
What will you do?
- Create and maintain server side code
- Designing database schemas to support business requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Write unit tests
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with front end engineers
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with web-application related technical issues and support their requirements
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a Backend engineer using Python frameworks like Django, Flask etc
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience writing unit tests for the application is a plus
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Superior analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Well Being, Compensation and Benefits
We care about your well-being. Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, learning & development initiatives and hours that are designed to provide work/life balance. We regularly host team-building sessions and encourage discussions around mental health.
We reward talent and believe in acknowledging people for their contributions. We offer industry-leading compensation, along with generous equity. As a rapidly growing business, there are endless opportunities to grow your career with Merkle Science.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board