Data Architect (Hybrid office/home work environment within Canada)Expired
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our clients in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business and personalized strategies to help people and organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Make an impact with our Digital Solutions team as a Data Architect. This diverse team of tech-savvy problem solvers has expertise and delivery depth across client platforms, applied data and analytics, applications and cloud and business platforms solutions. As a trusted advisor, you’ll gather, secure and organize meaningful insights to design digital solutions that meet clients’ evolving needs.
At MNP Digital, we’re a team of highly skilled and creative thinkers that continuously support and learn from each other. We pride ourselves on translating our clients’ challenges into real results by leveraging technology – and that all starts with having the right people to deliver. We’ve created an environment where you’ll continuously grow, always have a voice and collaborate on work that’s meaningful and fulfilling. If you’re ready to take your career into your own hands, you’ve come to the right place.
MNP Digital offers candidates the option of a hybrid home/office work environment which provides flexibility to be based anywhere in Canada.
- Works closely with clients and other resources to effectively communicate, design, plan, and implement capabilities that provide value to customers
- Architect comprehensive data solutions that enable clients to appropriately capture, make sense of and action data.
- Demonstrate value to clients through software demonstrations and prototypes; software installations/evaluations; assessment of business problems; and identification of solutions using the Microsoft Data Platform stack – on premise and hosted on Azure
- Ensure delivered solutions fit within overall project plan and schedule
- Provide feedback to customers and creates structured documentation, including specifications and weekly status reports
- Advise clients on configuration and implementation options based on best practices
- Participates in the business requirements gathering process for client customizations
- Leads/Supports solution implementation, customization, testing, and deployment, including preparation of test scenarios.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in transferring solution-critical knowledge
- Collaborates with client team participants
- Ensures that all implementation methodology deliverables are complete and on time
- Generates project status, time, and expense reports as requested by management
- Highly motivated, creative, and self-sufficient with the ability to work successfully under pressure
- Work closely with clients and Firm stakeholder to develop in-depth knowledge of key drivers and success factors, operational processes, information systems and data sources pertaining to a client’s data domains
- Work with decision makers, data scientists / analysts and other end users to define and document key performance indicators, analytic themes, reports and dashboards
- Perform other tasks related to data architecture, database performance, data access and security and data quality management, as required
- Help guide and implement Data Governance initiatives
- Troubleshoot reporting, analytics and BI tools, systems and software and performance tune these applications, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with Azure Data Lake solutions
- 2+ years experience Databricks solutions
- 2+ years experience deploying solutions using Azure Data Factory
- Exposure to or experience with Microsoft Synapse
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experienced in the DevOps process design and implementation
- Deep understanding of information and data and how it can be leveraged to provide business value
- Comprehensive database and data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of relational databases (Oracle & SQL Server), data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
- Experience working with data integration tools
- Experience with data visualization and analytics tools
- Strong ability to gather, author and analyze business and technical requirements and build applications and integrations according to specifications
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Full project management and development life cycle experience
- Ability to lead projects and team members under limited supervision
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of Data Management Tools in areas of Metadata, Master Data Management, Data Quality and Data Security
- Deep knowledge of the DMBoK (Data Management Book of Knowledge)
- Attained Data-related certifications such as CDMP, CBIP, etc.
- Attained Vendor-related Data / Analytics / Reporting certifications (Tableau, IBM, SAAS, Microsoft, Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop, R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge in AI, Machine Learning, Data Mining and/or Blockchain
- Experience as a Data Scientist including Predictive / Statistical Modeling
- Experience in Cloud BI
- Experience working with Google Analytics or other web analytics platforms
- Experience working with SOA and ESBs
- Experienced in DevOps / DataOps and Continuous Integration / Delivery / Deployment
- Attained other PM and IT-related certifications such as COBIT, ITIL, CISSP, CGEIT, CRISC, CISA, CISM, PMP, Prince2, etc.)
- A degree or diploma in computer science or computer programming from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Previous success working in a customer-facing, consultative role
- Experience working with different SDLC methods including Agile, Scrum, XP, RUP, and Kanban
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit delivery team
- Time management skills in a dynamic delivery environment
- Field consulting or professional services delivery experience
- Ability to travel to client locations
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our [email protected] program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board