Database Administrator (Cloud)Expired
nChain believes the world should be able to trust in the data upon which it relies.
A Quick Overview (Database Administrator (Cloud))
We are looking for a DBA who can contribute to and challenge a design for a large-scale database with replication/sharding and implement this design. The candidate should be able to manage day-to-day operations of multiple databases across multiple environments (Development, Staging and Production) and the workflows between them. The role involves working with multiple engineering teams and understanding their software and technical architecture in order to optimise their workflows/integration with databases.
The ideal candidate will have Postgres experience (both DevOps and Management) but other SQL experience is still desirable.
We are looking for somebody who is more than the traditional DBA that can only write huge, long-running queries, or who only speaks SQL and can’t handle related technologies such as REDIS and GraphQL. We are interested in candidates who are open to something new and are keen to be responsible for the deployment of the server, as well as its use.
You will be part of a talented software engineering team working on new, highly scalable products and services. There will be opportunity to reveal your creative side as well, on the unfathomably large applicability of a global public blockchain.
Tasks to include but not limited to:
- Working with Architects, DevOps Engineers and Software Engineers to create a new critical service platform
- Designing and implementing a large-scale database with replication/sharding
- Managing day-to-day operations of multiple databases across multiple environments (Development, Staging and Production) and the workflows between them
- Ensuring that the database systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing updates and fixes
- Performing root cause analysis for errors found during testing, and resolving them
- Providing technical guidance and educating team members and teammates on development and operations where appropriate
- Documenting design and processes alongside the work, to support easy maintenance
- Following all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 2 years’ experience required in the financial/business industry.
- Strong SQL experience
- AWS RDS experience
- Key-Value database experience (e.g. redis, etcd, Apache Ignite, LevelDB)
- Postgres Experience (DevOps and Management)
- Interest in/passion for blockchain
nChain is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board