Director of Marketing & CommunicationsExpired
nChain believes the world should be able to trust in the data upon which it relies.
We are looking for a strategic Director of Marketing & Communications to join the nChain team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to be at the heart of executing an exciting and ambitious growth strategy that will shake the foundations of global business as blockchain adoption goes from niche technology to mainstream infrastructure.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will report to the Chief Product and Marketing Officer and will be responsible for managing the entire marketing and communications teams across nChain.
The role will also be a lead contributor to the nChain’s development and management of the nChain’s brand, which will be key in supporting our pivot to a more product-focused organisation. Defining and executing marketing initiatives to support the rollout of our products to the market will be a key responsibility of the role, as will developing the other members of the marketing communications team and coordinating all design and branding activities across the organisation.
This role will work with key stakeholders and C levels both within the organisation and across the ecosystem to help bridge the front-line communication, marketing strategy, and revenue growth. You will have front-line communications and leadership experience, covering proactive strategic and marketing planning, and rollout of the products.
You will have demonstrable experience in successfully leading, motivating, and developing a team of professionals and growth ambitions of a product-focused organisation. The complexity of blockchain technology and solutions presents a key barrier to mainstream adoption.
The Director of Marketing& Communications will work with key stakeholders both within the organisation and across the ecosystem to help bridge knowledge gaps and develop the right messaging around our product portfolio, one that resonates with our clients and helps drive adoption and growth within our target markets.
We expect you to
Strategy & Leadership
- This role will combine strategic and implementation skills –the post requires someone who can roll their sleeves up and deliver, as well as the ability to understand the big picture and the need to focus on results, impact, and outcomes.
- Experience in working across marketing and communications, as well as confidence in delivering change communications and internal comms.
- Work with internal and external PR stakeholders at the international, national, and local levels to maintain a strong network of known media contacts.
- Oversee day-to-day marketing and communications operations: providing guidance and problem resolution.
- Work with product managers and owners to decide how to create product positioning and messaging.
- Be responsible for the line management of a team covering content, social media, internal/external comms, and creative roles.
- Own and manage relationships with design agencies and other external suppliers.
- Be responsible for marketing and communications budget planning and ongoing budget management.
- Line management experience, including recruitment and development of the current and new team members.
- Develop, test, and deploy branding, messaging, and communications around our key products.
- Translate the external brand into an employer brand to be used across employee communications.
- Be responsible for our online presence, including reputation management.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to define the business value proposition, target audience, and competitive landscape.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute marketing initiatives to support product launches to market.
- Accelerate growth by developing, driving, and implementing comprehensive marketing strategies. Find and leverage synergies across multiple business units and among multiple types of the target audience.
- Plan and execute full marketing campaigns across the organisation.
- Actively monitor, evaluate, and optimize campaigns, projects, and initiatives.
- Organise and support conferences and events.
- Translate key metrics into actionable insights for the leadership team.
- Define key target audiences and appropriate marketing media channels to reach them (e.g., web, social media, print, events).
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop an internal communications plan and build communication practices and skills.
- Support efforts to grasp complex ideas and translate them into business-friendly language.
We are looking for
The candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar leadership role and managing marketing communications teams.
- Experience in working across finance, technology, or start-ups/scale-ups.
- Exceptional management and people skills and experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional writing and communicative skills.
- A fundamental understanding of or interest in blockchain technology and solutions.
- A track record of managing and developing individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated experience in business growth through the effective implementation of marketing and product strategies.
- Knowledge of analysis techniques for digital marketing optimisation.
- Experience in engaging with c-level stakeholders and external parties.
- Fundraising experience will be a plus.
- Strong customer orientation.
- The ability to develop and maintain a strong understanding of the product capabilities and
- Proactive approach to customer issues.
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
We are cultivating a strong social culture and are focused on provided benefits for our people.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board