Head of Tax
nChain believes the world should be able to trust in the data upon which it relies.
The Head of Tax will be responsible for managing the organization’s core tax activities and overseeing its global tax compliance operations to ensure robust and effective financial management.
This role will be reporting to the Group Chief Finance Officer in the growing finance department. Successful candidates will possess a proactive attitude to all areas of tax with the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
We expect you to
- Ensure compliance across all taxes and proactively develop controls and processes to maintain high standards and achieve best practice
- Develop and drive forward the tax strategy for the nChain group ensuring risks are managed and available benefits are utilised (e.g. R&D credits and IP related tax incentives/benefits)
- Ownership of tax aspects relevant to the funding/structuring of the group and new investments
- Oversight over all tax returns for group companies and provide input/review in relation to the financial statements of group companies
Owning the decision-making on new investments from a tax perspective
- Managing and partnering with senior internal stakeholders and managing the relationship with external tax advisers and tax authorities
Experience & Requirements
We are looking for
- Accounting qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, CTA, AAT or tax legal practice experience required
- Strong exposure to international tax issues, including transfer pricing required
- Experience of taxation of IP desirable
Hands-on in-house tax experience
- Previous experience as a Head of Tax or a similar position
- UK GAAP and IFRS current and deferred tax knowledge and experience desirable
- Stakeholder management – the ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including other departments, advisors and tax authorities.
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to work proactively and take the lead
- Communication skills – able to confidently communicate to the relevant stakeholders on technical tax matters in a clear and non-technical manner
At nChain, two days will never be the same.
Benefits at nChain
- 25 days of holidays + bank holidays.
- A pension match scheme of up to 5%.
- Private healthcare insurance, where dependents can be added.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance of 4 times the salary.
- Exciting office culture
- Flexible working
- Employee benefits and rewards platfom