nChain believes the world should be able to trust in the data upon which it relies.
About the job
nChain is a global blockchain technology company and recently voted one of the Top 100 most innovative firms in the world by LexisNexis.
Founded in 2015, we offer software, consulting services and IP licensing to clients looking to benefit from the security and scalability of the blockchain. We work across several sectors, including iGaming, supply chain, and financial services.
nChain’s suite of commercial applications and solutions from CBDCs to Data Integrity is underpinned by our industry-leading research portfolio of over 400 patents. We are also the developers of the Bitcoin SV Node software, Teranode, LiteClient and more.
Our mission is to secure the internet of value—a new conceptual model for the web that allows people to exchange any asset directly with one another. We believe micropayments, ownership, privacy, and authenticity are critical parts of our digital future that the current internet lacks.
nChain employs more than 230 staff across four offices.
Visit www.nchain.com for more information.
nChain has offices in Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Slovenia, with a current workforce of over 200 people, focusing on 3 key areas: professional services, research, and development of enterprise-driven solutions.
Our open-plan offices enable our people to work with some of the greatest minds in the industry.
We are a young company, with backgrounds spanning across the globe, ever-growing through new initiatives and ideas. We’re fast-growing, diverse, and fun-loving. Join us and find your edge.
What We Offer
We are offering a competitive salary including excellent benefits on top:
- a pension match scheme of up to 5%
- private healthcare insurance, where dependents can be added
- life assurance of 4 times the salary
- 25 days of holidays plus bank holidays
- workplace perks
A Quick Overview (Senior Accountant)
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing finance team here at nChain, reporting to the Head of Financial Operations.
This role requires an experienced and qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Accountant. The successful candidate will be proactive, have an equal measure of technical skills and practical experience of working in a dynamic and fast paced business. … They will need to build and manage effective relationships with colleagues, throughout the business, at all levels and external stakeholders. Ready to get their hands dirty and challenge status quo.
- Control and oversee preparation and presentation of Group managements accounts, and subsidiary entities, to senior stakeholders. Reporting to include commentary on financial results, budget variances and recommendations for corrective action.
- Collaboration with Internal Audit department to 1) ensure compliance and efficiency 2) support in the external audit programme and 3) process improvement.
- Responsible for on-time month-end close and ensure that all monthly reporting deadlines are adhered to,
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders from all internal departments, and external connected parties.
- Support and develop the Finance team, through leadership and training of junior staff including knowledge sharing.
- Own decision-making based on financial reporting about nChain’ s vision and strategy which will help shape the future of the company
- Focus on continual process improvement in all aspects of the role from an efficiency perspective to streamline all processes such as budget setting and payroll processes
Experience and Requirements
- Fully Qualified accountant via ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Up to 6 years of accounting experience in a fast-growing environment
- Financial Planning & Analysis skills
- Microsoft Office – intermediate or advanced Excel
- Previous line management experience
- 3 days based in the office
- Previous experience in a similar industry preferably at a start-up,
- Experience of working with Oracle NetSuite
- Experience building relationships and working effectively with all levels within the business.
- Capable of working fully independently from the Head of Financial Operations.
- Advanced Excel User.
- Honed stakeholder management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Previous management accounting experience
- Strong expertise with accounting systems
- Self-starter with excellent analytical skills of large data sets and attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work, enthusiastic, resilient and takes ownership
nChain is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.