Assistant General Counsel, Product (Crypto)Expired
We’re on a mission to democratize finance for all.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for…
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
We are looking for an experienced and innovative attorney to join our product counsel team. This role will partner with senior executives throughout the company to help launch new crypto based products and grow Robinhood’s crypto business. This role will report to our Associate General Counsel, Product. This position will be instrumental in protecting and building trust in the Robinhood brand and enabling Robinhood to carry out its mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Providing end-to-end counseling for Robinhood’s crypto products and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Working cross-functionally with legal team members and professionals from other teams such as compliance, regulatory, privacy, commercial, corporate, and litigation, to achieve desired business outcomes
- Identifying and evaluating business and legal risks with new product and feature launches, and finding creative ways to mitigate them while meeting business goals
- Developing and driving comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives, creating efficiencies in the product launch process
- Engaging with regulators and providing thought leadership and strategic direction on novel digital currency, blockchain technology legal and regulatory issues
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the legal team and providing best in class legal services to the company and internal clients
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Membership in at least 1 U.S. State Bar, with good standing
- 5+ years of legal practice, including extensive product counseling experience
- Experience advising product, engineering, design and marketing teams on launching new products and features, owning projects from concept to launch, expansion, or sunset
- Superior analytical skills and familiarity with the crypto legal landscape, including regulatory regimes for financial instruments such as securities, commodities and derivatives laws and regulations, money transmission / money services business laws, banking and payment services regulations, AML/KYC/sanctions rules, privacy and data governance as applied to new blockchain technologies, ongoing entity compliance and corporate governance
- Experience counseling products and teams internationally
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally, including to non-legal audiences, and to drive cross-functional alignment and action collaboratively
- Execution oriented one-team mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
- Experience working at technology companies and/or startup organizations
- Deep background in the financial services, fintech or payments industry
- Technical education or background
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board