Crypto, AML Investigator
We’re on a mission to democratize finance for all.
We’re growing and looking for…
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for a Crypto AML Investigator to join the Financial Crimes Investigations team. The Crypto AML Investigator will be responsible for conducting investigations to identify potential money laundering,or other related activities, using both traditional AML tools, as well as blockchain analytics software. The role will support the Financial Crimes Investigations team in managing risk to ensure we meet our regulatory requirements. The right candidate has prior AML investigations experience working with a broker-dealer and/or in crypto compliance for a FinTech company, including drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Identifying, researching and reporting potentially suspicious activity identified through our suspicious activity monitoring rules or other sources (e.g. referrals, external inquiries etc.)
- Analyzing customer transactional activity (e.g. crypto trading, money movement etc.) and behavioral patterns to identify potentially suspicious activity
- Conducting research utilizing Robinhood systems and proprietary tools to identify relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) information
- Managing the investigative process from detection to decisioning
- Drafting SARs, where appropriate
- Supporting Managers and Team Leads with complex investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Keeping up-to-date with industry news and developments both in BSA/AML and KYC, as well as in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Assisting with training / job shadowing for new team members
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in AML investigations for a broker-dealer or FinTech (conducting investigations, SAR preparation and filing), or related consulting experience for financial services/fintech clients
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Strong ability to analyze transactional activity to identify red flags
- Proven ability to interpret large amounts of complex information and extract facts objectively
- Ability and passion to learn and adapt quickly. Robinhood is moving quickly, as is the crypto space. We’re looking for candidates that are motivated by change, and can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work independently
- Passion for AML investigations
- Crypto-specific investigative work experience, and knowledge of blockchain analysis across various crypto products
- Experience with Actimize and Nasdaq SMARTS Trade Surveillance system
- ACAMS Certified
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
- FINRA Series 7 & 24
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).