Crypto Operations Senior Specialist, Settlement
We’re on a mission to democratize finance for all.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The Crypto Operations team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting innovative crypto products. As a Crypto Operations Specialist on the Settlement desk, you’ll serve as a technical product authority and own processes critical to maintaining Robinhood’s crypto product. This includes supervising order health, settling with our trading venues, building alerts, and several other projects. You’ll be expected to provide subject-matter expertise on execution and money movement, identify optimization opportunities and communicate these to product and engineering teams, design, implement, and improve operational processes and procedures pertaining specifically to crypto.
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in New York City, NY or Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Taking ownership of multiple critical business functions, such as supervising order and execution health, corresponding with trading venues, liquidity management, transfers, and custody / cold storage
- Scoping / building alerts and tooling around coin withdrawals and other functions
- Settling with our venues and setting up wire transfers each day, including on weekends If/when needed
- Identifying inefficiencies in operational processes, then designing and implementing solutions with a 360 view of both ops and cross-functional stakeholder requirements
- Documenting, maintaining, and improving standard operating procedures
- Specifying needs to develop and improve Robinhood’s internal tools
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Data-driven / Results Oriented mentality
- Strong SQL skills and/or experience with Python with the competence and motivation to continue developing your technical skills
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- 2+ years working in operations or financial services
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations and consumer technology
- Proficiency with Looker / Grafana
- Familiarity creating SQL Dashboards within Looker
- Proven track record of optimizing operational processes
- Experience managing projects collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Proven ability to scale operations and processes in a fast-paced organization
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $98000 – $115000
US Zone 2: $86000 – $101000
US Zone 3: $77000 – $90000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Robinhood provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants’ privacy rights.