Staff Security Engineer, Blockchain SecurityExpired
We’re on a mission to democratize finance for all.
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role
Robinhood is seeking to hire Security Engineers to join our blockchain security team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Assessing the security risks in blockchain protocols by combining your knowledge of cyber security and cryptocurrencies
- Perform proactive assessments covering infrastructure, resilient, security architecture, application security, Layer-1/Layer-2 blockchains, token protocols and smart contracts
- Prioritize and drive the reduction of discovered security issues, vulnerabilities, and risks by partnering with the business to provide recommendations and solutions
- Conduct and facilitate security reviews, threat modeling including deep design reviews throughout the development lifecycle
- Work directly with Robinhood Crypto engineering team to enable successful project implementation applying the recommended security tools, technologies and techniques. Provide expertise to software engineers as needed
- Partnering with other parts of the Robinhood Security and Privacy team to integrate distributed ledger technologies into their process and tools
- Bachelors or equivalent 4 year degree
- 6+ years of experience as a Security Researcher or Engineer
- Familiar with popular cryptocurrency projects and interested in analyzing new projects and technologies
- Familiar with at least some of the following: Python, Go, Rust
- Methodical and analytical
- Strong technical writing skills
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Experience working on a remote first team
- AWS experience is a plus
- Previous work in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $169000 to $224000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood’s equity plan.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood promotes diversity and provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are dedicated to building a company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work (and work environment) will be for everyone. Additionally, Robinhood provides reasonable accommodations for candidates on request and respects applicants’ privacy rights.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board