Data Engineer – AWS stackExpired
We believe the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone.
As our Senior Data Engineer, you will work with the Chief Data and Analytics officer and the rest of the data team to operationalise Zumo data strategy – in a nutshell, get the right data, through the right means to our stakeholders to support their decision making. You will work with the data team to develop the blueprint for the analytics infrastructure – from expanding our data warehouse and integrating analytics tools, to developing ML ops approaches to specific business challenges. This is an opportunity to put your stamp on an infrastructure build.
Chief Data and Analytics Officer, also working closely with the Chief Technology Officer & Dev teams.
£45-55,000 depending on experience
- Develop, enhance, and maintain all aspects of the analytics infrastructure to meet the growing demands of the organisation
- Management and optimisation of data pipelines from source to user – through our data lake, data warehouse, analytics tools and decisioning systems; support automated testing to ensure robust pipelines
- Work with data team & other business stakeholders to create the best data foundations to manage complex data for our business – writing well-structured, beautiful, clean code to create the appropriate transformations of our data
- Ensure our platform meets the required data security and governance standards required for best in class Fin-Tech
- Act as advisor/practioner on good data architecture practices – to link in with wider data governance programs
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in data infrastructure that can be applied to Zumo and work with CDAO to turn into reality where appropriate
- Help to promote use of analytics across the organisation – through a variety of activities from hackathons, knowledge share
- Have at least 4+ years of experience in cloud data engineering roles
- Understands the principles of IAAS and infrastructure as code
- Experience with both CI/CD and Dev ops practices
- Experience in multiple and emerging technologies supporting BI, Analytics/Data
- Science and ML Ops – ETL/ELT, lakehouse design (AWS stack + Vis Tools)
- Strong SQL, Python or similar language skills
- Strong understanding of platform security, data protection and information security principles
- Practical experience of meta data management, wider data governance & data cataloguing
- Experience working with cloud data warehousing tools
- Beneficial experience working with software dev organisations
- Curious levelheaded approach to problem solving an eye for the fine detail and ability to look at the wider business context and spot opportunities for change
- Great communicator – empathetic listener to be able to translate business challenges into data challenges, and skilled at explaining complex solutions back out to the business in digestible format to help promote analytics approaches
- You’re comfortable working in a scale up business, where time is critical, and things change frequently
- Passionate about data, and unlocking data for the masses
- You love working in a dynamic team where you have each other’s backs
Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment – Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development – We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension – We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday – Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
- At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our webpage here.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board