We believe the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone.
Reporting to CFO: £50,000 per annum
Zumo is the blockchain-powered finance platform that brings the benefits of blockchain and digital currencies to people and businesses everywhere. Driven by transparency, accessibility, and financial inclusion, we’re on a mission to provide a new generation of smart money solutions for a new, decentralised economy – bringing financial wellness to people everywhere, not just the most tech savvy or financially literate. We’re growing super-fast and building an incredible, diverse culture; we need people who share our values to join us on the journey and help us build a better financial future.
Zumo is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake and oversee (with support from the wider finance team) all aspects of financial management, including regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well and development of internal control procedures and policies.
- Maintain the integrity and high service levels of the Finance function
- Manage the end-to-end finance operations including P&Ls, Balance Sheets, cashflow and associated reconciliations for all Group companies
- Produce management accounts on a monthly basis and take ownership of the budgeting and forecasting process, plus ad hoc MI requirements
- Update the board pack where required
- Prepare the year-end financial statutory accounts
- Work with Accountants/Auditors to complete and submit annual accounts
- Ensure effective management of all taxation requirements across all entities
- Support the CFO with compliance and regulatory reporting
- Act as a business partner to business units to provide financial analysis and advice
- Work with the CFO to grow the finance team effectively and reflective of company values and culture and build a best-in-class finance function within the company
- Manage the intercompany process for Group entities
- Supervise and manage a small team of direct reports
- Qualified with a recognised accounting professional qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience a finance department reporting directly to senior stakeholders
- Good attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Great at problem solving
- Confidence, patience, tact & diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel and recognised accounting software
- Early-Stage business environment experience desirable but not essential
- Fintech experience also desirable but not essential
Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment – Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development – We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension – We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday – Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our webpage here.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board