Governance & Data Protection ManagerExpired
We believe the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone.
This role requires someone to undertake and manage a variety of governance related services for the business to ensure Zumo’s compliance with relevant rules, regulations and codes of conduct, particularly regarding:
- Data Protection Regulations,
- Marketing / Financial Promotions
- Electronic Money Regulations (EMRs).
You will report directly to the Head of Compliance
Up to £45k
Key duties /responsibilities
- Developing Zumo’s governance framework
- GDPR reviews and wider compliance monitoring,
- MI reporting,
- Oversight of ICO and FCA regulatory incidents,
- ICO and FCA regulatory training.
- Developing and implementing governance policies, processes and procedures that are appropriate and proportionate to the firm’s inherent risks.
- Supporting the HoC with any regulatory applications.
- Providing the business with advice and guidance on all relevant regulatory obligations and requirements.
- Custodianship of Zumo’s key legal templates, notices, T&Cs, etc.
Overseeing due diligence performed on and collected for third party services and providers.
- You should have a demonstrable applied knowledge of data protection requirements and practices, with wider GRC experience in financial services.
- Experience of building, managing, and running a ‘young’ team successfully.
- Attributes: Perceptive, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- Motivations: Passionate about GRC (and ESG) and protecting the firm.
Applicants should be degree educated and/or have relevant compliance professional qualifications.
Benefits Zumo’s internal mission is to create an environment where you can create the best work of your career. In order to do that, we offer:
- A remote first hybrid work environment – Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a remote first hybrid team, giving you the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
- Professional development – We focus on fostering a culture of learning, curiosity and ongoing professional development.
- Pension – We give you flexibility to opt in to our voluntary company pension scheme.
- Unlimited holiday – Having plentiful “off the grid” time is key to doing your best work. We offer flexible time off. Take time when you need it and receive a £500 bonus when you take five or more consecutive days off.
At Zumo, we believe in the strength that difference brings to our business, our culture, and our community. We value the opinions and experiences of all our colleagues and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Zumo is accessible to everyone, everywhere
- We believe that the benefits of crypto and blockchain are for everyone
- Our decision-making is founded on the balance between people, profit and planet
- The technology that we build has usability and security at its core
- We seek to make the complex simple
- We don’t use jargon
- We bring our A game to work every day
- We believe that great productivity comes from a tranquil environment
- We give feedback in a respectful way
Love the adventure
- We don’t take the easy path unless it’s the right one
- We’re constantly exploring to find the best way
- We accept failure as part of the road to success
Towards a sustainable world
When it comes to crypto, we don’t believe progress should come at the cost of the environment. As the sector develops and matures at unparalleled pace, we have the perfect opportunity to ensure we develop products and behaviours that will help the future of the planet. And we believe we can play our part in demystifying the information surrounding digital assets and their impact on the climate, helping everyone to understand, assess and contribute to the decarbonisation of the industry. Find out more about our net zero strategy, partnerships, environmental pledge and work to decarbonise the sector on our webpage here.
This job post is no longer available. Click the button below to view available jobs.Back to job board